My Contingency gone a bit wrong... :)




Yesterday we heard this country is at war again – the peace accord is now seen by the one party as nullified…what this means is not certain …..  

AND as I am definitely NEVER without a Plan Of Action I tell my boys that even if I do not think anything wil happen, we need to pack a small bag each in preparation of a worst case scenario where we need to Go Away Quickly.  I ramble off all the things that need to be in the backpack, but when I come to shoes and socks they all laugh and say “Really mom!!  We don’t have shoes and are not sure where the socks are!”  haha!!  So much for my contingency!

So I am writing a new list for contingency in our family.  And it begins at very basic level!  


  • Shoes (reminder to buy this on blackboard)
  •  Socks (search the drawers for this item)
  •   Some clothes (make sure the boys don’t outgrow them in the mean time!
  •   Snacks (make and bake AND make sure they don’t eat this at night when they are overcome by a sudden urge to eat something!) 
  •   Some cards/games/etc (If they later are not able to find these cards/games/etc then remember they are in the GO bag)
  •  Place the bag in a safe place (I keep tripping over backpacks since My Contingency kicked in!)


I guess there is a funny side to everything – the trick is to find it.

On another note – this morning we all went jogging for the first time (just for fun nothing to do with a pending war) – all barefoot except me who went with flip-flops!!  Haha  Just think how fast we will run if we have running shoes one day and don’t have to hop, skip and jump over rocks and thorns!

Bella, flip-flop mom of 3 barefoot monkeys!



Comments

  1. Yeah for the barefoot running! There are steps to take to get up to the point of being able to do this, however. Lots online about it. Regarding Mozambique, sign up for updates from Joseph Hanlon at tinyurl.com/moz-en-sub - great stuff usually about the state of our adopted country. He had a reassuring article today about the state of RENAMO and their ability to be annoying for sure, but not really to easily bring the country into a serious war again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would add passports to your list... xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts