Letting go.....

Late yesterday afternoon a mother of a small baby came asking for help - the child has had diarrhea
for 7 days!  She first went to our closest clinic, 4km away - no meds there!  Then on to the next clinic 20km away - no meds there either!  So back to our house!

I prayed for her, I mixed rehydration fluid and sat with her for a long time dropping drops into the little parched mouth.  I walked back home with them to make sure she understood all my instructions!  At the house i had it again had it translated into her own language and yes, she understood.  Drops trhoutout the night, no sleeping!

Early this morning i was there again, hoping, praying that the child was still alive!  She was! And i asked to see the bottle of rehydration fluid - it was obvious that the mom gave about 20ml throughout the whole night!!!!!  And then in my sweetest tone i said it........
You need to take this child to the hospital (20km in the other direction!) - even if you have to take out a bit of money now for a lift on a bike or motorcycle it is nothing compared to what you will have to pay for all the food at the funeral!!  Tactful?  Of course not!!!  Will they go?  I don't know.......i had to let go.  And it is hard.

Comments

  1. I just discovered your blog on the list at Women of the Harvest's website and have enjoyed reading a number of your posts. God bless you! Your life and your faith have inspired me to be strong and have faith. I look forward to following your blog.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts