perspective....

Quite recently, i think the past month or so, i discovered i owned a TUMBLE DRYER!!  Yes, i know, even i didn't recognize it as such!  How do you own a tumble dryer when you don't even realize you have one??, you might as well ask.  Well, maybe "own" is not quite the right word, as such, just kind of "utilize".....it's like this......the washing is on a line - outside  of course - and then the wind picks up speed, starts twirling around and voila!  the clothes are dried in an instant with warm air!  My own eco-tumble dryer!!  Ok, ok, dry and dusted!!  Others, the “half-empty-types”, might also call it whirlwinds.

Did you know bugs LOVE popcorn!  It’s like their favourite meal!  But so do we!!  And so, my latest clever invention is a way of removing these ugly looking bugs from the popcorn (although i must admit,  i have been influenced by medieval times) and this is how it works.....Take one big pot, heat up the oil (this is where the castle sieges-scenario comes in) throw in the popcorn AND bugs and now fish out dead (ie non-squirming) fried bugs, but QUICKLY, before the popcorn pops in your face!  And there you have it - a nice big bug-free pot of popcorn!

I also have a “winter” hair dryer!  Although I haven’t used it lately as it is summer now….You wash your hair at night, because there wasn’t water that specific morning, and then you fill a hot-water bottle with nice hot water and lie down on it!  Nice warm and dry hair in a jiffy (and yes, it does get that cold, even up here!)
Crying is a wonderful way to keep your eyes healthy and clean!  Salt water really works miracles here!  I have lately seen so many babies with eye infections.  Phew!  If it wasn’t for a good cry every now and then, I’m sure my patients’ germs would have spread to me too! 


The good thing of not having a real clinic or being a real doctor is that I have the medicine cupboard in our house – quite a distance form where the visitors/patients sit - and this gives me time to think what could possibly be wrong with this patient while I slowly walk back home to “go and fetch” some medicine.  I am also quite a quick reader and the “Where there is NO doctor” is always handy, as well as, for the more serious ones the “Village Medical Manual” or in worst case scenarios - time to email my good doctor friend (bless his soul!)
 
And that is kind of my point – the way you look at life makes the difference, doesn’t it?  Sure, some stuff will always be hard and will always be half-empty rather than half-full, but for the rest ….??  May I see tumble dryers and other wonderful opportunities to smile and see God’s sense of humour!








Comments

Popular Posts