White bread

Yesterday i baked this really good looking white bread. But pride comes before the fall...... This morning i was ready for breakfast and cut two slices off......only to find that i had put too much salt into the bread and it was awful!!  Me, who likes salt, could not even eat it!  Not even with some sweet honey - it was totally ruined......

As my empty stomach was growling a bit, i got to think about bread and so on.  Sometimes my life looks like the white bread - all nice from the outside - even well-cooked on the inside, but there in the flavour something went wrong.  The taste - the most important factor - is off!

Sometimes the flour here has a funny taste too - something between fumigation tablets and strong cleaning liquid in a flour form.  Then the bread takes on that taste - nothing i have tried has rid the flour of that flavour.  How much do i allow the environment to influence my "flavour"?  How much things do i let into my heart to spoil my nice looking "bread" completely??

Something to think about today - what does my flavour tell others?  May the Bread of Life be my example and most significant influence today and every other day....... May i be a sweet smelling flavour to Him and the ones He placed around me.

Comments

Popular Posts